Tuesday, July 3, 2007

I N V I T A T I O N
to submit stories

Subud is us, we are Subud, right here and now.

I appeal to my brothers and sisters to submit their stories, books, explanations, and spiritual experiences concerning The Latihan Kejiwaan of Subud.

For my part, I have submitted several short stories, here within, as contribution to this effort.
I shall not take out of context some favorite quote from Bapak to bolster up my words, so I am left with just myself, alone.

But not quite alone. The Power of God has really touched me.
I am, to whatever extent it has enveloped my being, one small example of what Subud is in this world. But only my little part of the family of human beings that were freely given this Great Blessing From Almighty God.

Here within, you can read Bapak's story of the coming of Subud, in his own words.

Here within , you can read Muftiah Turin's Bapak Visitations, and her two books:
From The Shadow of the Rising Sun, and Seven Heavens-Seven Hells.

She is profoundly honest and 'tells it all' in her prolific narrative writing style, with a deep faith in God that has penetrated her life from childhood to this day.

Here within, you can read very short stories, and long stories. Humor and purification. The lower forces, and the angles. From the deep dark places to the highest heavens.

All this, and more. Of course, you have to send in your stories. . . So we can all get a sampling of the variety in personalities, history, development, the opening, the good times, and the . . . well you know what I mean. A little story:

"These Subudnicks, or Subudians"
as the elevator operator at California Hall once remarked during a visit by Bapak to San Francisco in 1968:

" are the strangest people I have ever seen.
Some of them look like bankers, lawyers, or business people. Others are like hippies, hobos, or hooligans.

Some of the ladies glide in like fairies, or ballet dancers dressed in the latest fashion.
Others appear half asleep.
But you know. . . I kind of like them,
especially that one big fellow, with the brown suit,
and brown face.
When he looks at you, he REALLY looks at you."

If this is the time and place for you to tell your story to the world, then come on, folks lets do it.

We don't have to sell Subud, or use propaganda, just tell it like it is.

We are Subud. And when you consider all the variety and diversity of our Family's experiences, we are The Reality of Subud. We have the proof that Subud works, and is alive and well.

As for me. . . my cup of Blessings from the Great Life-Force runith over, and I can no longer hold it to my chest and keep it to myself alone.farlan
- - - - - - - - - - -
Email: farlan@subudstories.info farlan@subudstories.info
or Muftiah: muti@subudstories.info muti@subudstories.info

* * * send in your stories, books, poetry * * *

Or write to me at:
Farlan Hateley
9301 Schoener Road
Grand Bay, Al 36541 USA

If you would like to have any special formatting of your stories, let me know. I will showcase your work in the best possible way.
All submissions should be in plane text, or html via email or just send me snail-mail..
Words (text documents) are easy and cost little to save on the server, so don't be shy or hesitant. Give us the complete story.

Please sign your work, provide us with some contact info , and include any copyright notice, if needed, within your documents.


Thank you. . . and God Bless.

No comments: